Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Observations 89

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • For the life of me, I just don't get the widespread appeal of "Hello Kitty".
  • In the supermarket I passed a display of 100% "recycled" toilet paper. To my surprise it was white in color.
  • "Certainly, in taking revenge a man is but even with his enemy, but in passing over it, he is superior, for it is a prince's part to pardon." Sir Francis Bacon.
  • I was recently struggling with a personal issue and I called my pastor. His phone went to voice mail, but he called me back just a bit later and listened, loved, and prayed. He consistently models for me a better way to live and I am thankful for him.
  • In the hospital the other day I came to a landing that overlooked one of the large parking lots. I smiled when I saw that it was mostly empty.