- So Many Tears - Regina Belle (1987) - Back when I was a high school senior this song came out and it spoke to relational pains and longings that I was carrying. Even though I had more of a pop music taste and an R&B/soul artist would normally not be my cup of tea, I could not escape the lure of this polished number.
- It is Well - Kristine DiMarco (2014) - This song was recently introduced to me at my church. It is a swelling, haunting, wonderful piece about letting go of control and trusting no matter what may be attempting to overwhelm us.
- Something Big - Shawn Mendes (2015) - Shawn is a very young artist who is apparently quite popular although I have never heard of him before. However, his latest album happened to be featured on iTunes and I was just kicking around when this infectious, bouncy number started playing. Definitely something to lift the spirits.
- The River's Gonna Keep On Rolling - Amy Grant (2015) - Amy's recording of Thy Word is a wonderful gospel/worship piece that I have loved from the moment that I first heard it. She recently released a sort of greatest gospel hits album and I decided to check it out. This song is a stand out about perseverance and acceptance when life's troubles kick you in the stomach.
- Punish the Monkey - Mark Knopfler (2007) - I admit that I have been on a bit of a Knopfler kick recently. This song has a groove, rhythm, and reflectivity to it that I couldn't help but stop and reflect upon. The theme focuses on the public outcry for justice and blood at all costs regardless of whether those responsible are actually brought down. Punish the monkey and let the organ grinder go.
Thursday, May 14, 2015
iTunes Latest - 27
Posted by Daniel