- The scholar - My most confident persona, one that is both vocal and assured. It is the skin in which I feel most comfortable and at peace within myself.
- The hermit - The suit I wear when I feel beat up and rejected by the world. Whenever I feel the need to escape to lick my wounds, to come back to equilibrium, or to shut out the sense of defeat and hopelessness, I slip into this one.
- The judge - A presence that comes upon me in times of weakness when I want to feel better about myself. The judge is negative and fault-finding and nasty.
- The juvenile - I do not always act with the mien of someone my age. I typically shun costumes woven with erudite threads in serious colors. Every once in a while I can be silly, loquacious, and playful.
- The parent - All the way up through my mid-to-late 20s, I sensed that I would never have a family of my own. Now I am the father to a 17 year old daughter. My father role is definitely not without flaw and fault, but it is the one that I am most proud to have added.
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Posted by Daniel