Thursday, July 31, 2014

Observations 61

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • Have you ever tried to be sullen and brooding when something suddenly makes you laugh? That can really mess up a good sullen brooding.
  • The other day I was stung by a wasp and since then I have had wasp-like powers. I flutter around people making them nervous until they swat at me.
  • Have you ever gotten into a battle with a piece of Saran Wrap and lost? I have known the bitter taste of such defeat.
  • I passed by my local Chik-fil-A fast-food restaurant the other day when it was about 100 degrees (F) outside. They had a guy out front waving at traffic in one of those ridiculous cow costumes. How did this person not collapse and die after 10 minutes?
  • After one of those recent World Cup soccer matches ended with a 1-0 score, one of my friends from Italy actually described the game as a complete blowout. No wonder Americans yawned through this whole episode.