- When someone tries to intimidate you and make it clear that they are right and you are wrong merely because they are older than you, beware. This is the tactic of a bully and likely someone who's "truth" and "facts" are misguided.
- After all these years, I finally found an answer online to one of my questions about Powerpoint controls. I am stunned.
- I try to keep an open mind with my colleagues (scientists), but every once in a while a new student appears at one of our workshops with a mohawk or other avant-garde type of hair style. Not only do they stand out in this type of conservative crowd, but they just come across as so unprofessional (regardless of what they have to say), that it is hard to take them seriously.
- I checked out my local weather forecast online the other day. Normally there are several places on the page where paid ads are located. However, on this occasion the web site indicated "error, no ads to display". Perhaps you heard my heart breaking?
- The other day I saw one of those flatbed-style tow trucks pulling along a Smart Car. The scale of the truck to the "car" was completely out of proportion, almost comical. I was wondering why the driver didn't just pick up the car and toss it onto the back of his truck.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Posted by Daniel