Monday, June 16, 2014

Observations 57

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • They did a major office reshuffling in my area at work recently. Now I keep encountering a whole different group of folks in my bathroom. It makes me very uneasy.
  • Every Monday morning I attend a group meeting at work. For the past 20 years the meeting has taken place in the same room and I tend to sit in the same seat. In the ceiling tile above my head, the same dead bug has been attending the meeting for as long as I have.
  • Annoying people with bad comb-overs are hard to take seriously.
  • It's amazing how the words "fag" or "queer" can destroy someone's career just with a single utterance. How did we get to this point? What is even more scary is where we will be as a society in another 10 years.
  • The following news headline appeared recently on CNN, "Obama caught on video working out." I sense an impeachment hearing around the corner.