Thursday, June 5, 2014

iTunes Latest - 19

Back in December of 2011, I discovered iTunes on my Mac. This service has really helped me to reconnect with my love of music. One of the things that I really like about music is that so often a given song has a strong association with a time or with a moment in my life. So, I thought that I would share my latest five downloads and a bit about my thoughts on each song.
  • Straight On - Heart (1995) - I have been a Heart fan on the different steps of their journey from rock band to pop stars and back to rock band. I recently stumbled upon their 1995 acoustic set The Road Home and fell in love again with this song from my youth. I knocked down the wailin' wall, Ain't no sin; Got the feel of fortune; deal me in
  • Painkiller - Three Days Grace (2014) - Hard rock isn't my bag usually ... however, every once in a while I come across a song with some rhythm, some teeth, and something that makes me scream out. This is one of those songs.
  • The Good Life - Three Days Grace (2009) - This is first song from this group that stuck in my head. This is the kind of tune that becomes a fan favorite, that instinctively makes them feel good and sing along.
  • The Downeaster Alexa - Billy Joel (1989) - This song is from the album Storm Front, the last Joel work where he was in the mainstream, before he semi-retired. This one is cut from the same mold as Captain Jack and rises above standard, dismissible, rock fare. A song for the folks who make their living off the ocean but who are struggling to survive.
  • Alone - Heart (1995) - Once I found the acoustic album The Road Home, I had to go back for a second helping of this song from the band's arena pop days. Till now I always got by on my own, I never really cared until I met you