- I just saw the dumbest commercial ever. A man is sitting in an airplane seat rubbing his temples. He clearly has a headache. An asian stewardess sympathizes with his discomfort and offers him, using perfect english, an aspirin. He then replies in a loud voice and with exaggerated pantomime like he is talking to primordial ooze, "No I'm not having a heart attack, just a headache." Absolutely inane.
- I was at the dentist for a teeth cleaning the other day. As I sat in the lobby listening to their piped in easy listening station, they played a Bon Jovi tune. Bon Jovi is now considered easy listening? Did I miss a memo?
- Also at my recent dentist appointment, they did a procedure known as "varnishing" my teeth. Is it any wonder why my smile isn't white?
- An online friend of mine wrote a tribute to his recently deceased grandfather. It was simple, humble, and loving. With just a few stories from his past, I could understand the beauty of their relationship. It really touched me.
- For years I have written the number "4" the same way, with the top open and all line segments at 90 degrees. However, the other day I kept finding myself writing it so it was closed at the top with one slanted line. I think that I need to run some internal diagnostics or do some cranial disk defragmentation.
Monday, June 9, 2014
Posted by Daniel