- Have you ever let something that should have amounted to no more than a passing curiosity consume you to the point of distraction? It happened to me the other day when a car passed me and I wondered what kind it was. Then the adventure began ...
- The other day I went into a colleague's office for a meeting and I set my coffee cup down on his desk. I then proceeded to knock the cup over, spilling the brown liquid all over his desk. In his panic to contain the flood tide, he used the report that I had carefully written as a make-shift paper towel. Who knew my words were so absorbing?
- A label on a bottle at the store read, "clinically proven mildness". Geez, I hope that I never obtain such a label.
- Have you ever done that move where you are erasing something and go beyond the edge of the page, such that on the return stroke you crumple the paper beyond recognition? Grrrr.
- One of the great things about having seniority at work is that you can publicly show disgust with one of your colleagues and get away with it. It makes all of the long hours worthwhile somehow.
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Posted by Daniel