Thursday, May 15, 2014

Observations 54

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • I went into the bathroom the other day at work and a man was sitting in the stall. What was odd what that he was loudly humming a happy little tune and tapping his foot with noted glee. He did not stop when I came in.
  • John Milton once wrote "Turnip greens awaken slumbering desire in even the most quiescent spouse." If that is true, image how freaky they get with a course of spiny nettles.
  • I arrived a few minutes early to a meeting at work and sat down. On the table next to me I placed my small notepad. My boss came in and set his stuff near the table and ran off to the men's room. When he got back he reached to my notepad and tried to take it. I told him it was mine, but he clearly didn't believe me. Perplexed, he looked around until he saw his stuff. When he pulled out his own notebook, it was a full-size 200-sheet, 5-subject notebook. Geez, I can see now why he didn't believe me.
  • Is it possible for any country to be considered truly civilized if its vehicles are not outfitted with intermittent wipers?
  • You know, a baby carrot is not supposed to be just a regular big honkin' carrot cut into 2-inch-long pieces. Perhaps someone needs to relay this critical fact to the folks who sell these bags of alleged "baby carrots".