Monday, May 5, 2014

Observations 53

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • A sure-fire way for rain to pour unchecked from the heavens, even when the forecast does not call for it, is for me to put down some grass seed in my yard. Grrr.
  • I just read a news story about a megachurch pastor who cheated on his wife. The message board that followed was filled with a few hundred comments. Nearly all of them showed that they think Christianity is a scam because of all of the stories just like this. Christians are pretty good at providing fodder for non-believers to remain non-believers.
  • One of my superpowers is that I can nearly always tell if a man wearing a suit doesn't regularly wear one.
  • I came across the following quotation by Honoré de Balzac, "Love may be or it may not, but where it is, it ought to reveal itself in its immensity." I can only say that I agree.
  • Have you ever been to a meeting with someone who could explain something in a few words but would much rather hold everyone hostage by rambling on and on and on?