Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Observations 4

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Thus we see everything from a different perspective and with different purpose than normal folks.

Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • As I was watching a car commerical on T.V., I noticed that ad contained a liberal amount of tiny white text superimposed over a white background. Presumably this contained all the legal stuff that they are required to show by the letter of the law but take great pains to hide. The only readable portion of the wording showed the car driving at a reasonable speed down a suburban street and it read, "Professional driver, do not attempt."
  • I pulled up to the guard gate at work driving 15 m.p.h.. The old guard leaned out of the booth and with a serious face tells me that I was speeding. He then informed me that the speed limit was only 10 m.p.h.. Young whippersnappers today!
  • The people first in line at a red light always seem to take far too long to apply pressure to their gas pedal after the light turns green. The farther back a driver is from the light, the quicker they react.
  • When it comes to electronic gadgets, you always seem to like what the other guy has better than what you have just purchased (and committed to a two-year service agreement).
  • As far as I can tell from years of experience, all dishes in your typical Mexican restaurant look identical and contain the same ingredients, regardless of what you order.