Monday, May 21, 2012

Grind My Gears 29

Let me tell you that I have had enough and I am as mad as heck! Who do these Mr. Hollywood big-shot types think they are when they willy-nilly change the voices of our beloved cartoon characters? Down through the years they have pulled the old flip-flop flim-flam on us one too many times. Off the top of my head I can list enough examples to make a grown weasel cringe, Barney Rubble from the Flintstones, Daphney Blake and Velma Dinkley from Scooby Doo, Dora the Explorer from PBS, Meg Griffin from Family Guy, Cosmo from Fairly Odd Parents, Phineas Fletcher-Flynn from Phineas and Ferb, and Dukey from Johnny Test. Changing the voice actor associated with an iconic cartoon character is like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa or slipping Waldo into the background in da Vinci's The Last Supper. It is an abomination and an unacceptable outrage that they are perpetrating on us. They are taking priceless works of art and dragging them through a fetid, swirling cesspool. Just the very idea of cartoon character voice changes just grinds my gears.