Saturday, October 16, 2010

A+ America 1

If you have been reading my blog ramblings for any length of time, you have probably figured out by now that I am, by nature, a negative person. The glass is neither too big nor too small, some jackwagon just gave me one that was two sizes too big. You can bet big money that if I have a pulse, I am grumbling about something. It could be the motorist who just cut me off in traffic, the person who let the door slam in my face, or the git who I did something nice for who didn't even bother to thank me. I could go on and on and on.

I could also tell you that being a negative person is not something that I am proud of. I can assure you that my venomous spewings are only semi-conscious. It seems that no matter how hard I try to control my tongue, fuss and squawking somehow find their way out into space. After living with myself for so long, this is more than frustrating to me. In many ways it sickens and depresses me. It shapes how I see nearly every corner of the world. For starters, a regular feature on this blog is my "Grind My Gears" segment. In these posts I rant on something that has ruffled my feathers, whether it be food labels, traffic circles, or feeble staplers.

However, in my effort to overcome this snorting and hacking beast, I feel I should give some effort to balancing out my negativity with positivity. With this said, I will be introducing a new feature on my blog called "A+ America" with things that demonstrate to me that not everything on this earth is bad or rotten or corrupt or worthless. This series will aim to be a way to cancel out the minuses I introduce with some plusses. Stay tuned as I venture into uncharted territory in the weeks and months ahead.