- The reporters on ESPN's SportsCenter seem to regularly declare that some highlight from the day's slate of games is the best play ever. Sounds less like expert commentary every time I watch and more like a couple of guys sitting around drinking a few while watching the tube.
- At the book exchange that we have at work, which contains 4 shelves of assorted books for folks to borrow, I saw the title "Wealth Without Risk". I guess the previous owner struck it rich and was passing on the secret to unchecked money to the next lucky soul.
- I was in the kitchen fixing a snack for my daughter while she was in the living room watching a cartoon on T.V.. The following dialog hit me upside the head, "So what do you like to do? ... oh eat poop with a bee on it ... cool." What a deliciously random line.
- There was a story in the news about a man who was shot by police. The incensed locals set out to protest and voice their anger, yet it ultimately turned into a scene of people destroying, burning, and looting local businesses. Seems to me the moment they turned to criminal behavior, they lost their legitimacy and their purpose ... and my sympathy.
- It seems to me the fairest way for two folks to divide a pie is for one person to cut it and the other to select what piece they want. Oh, and I am not really talking about pie.
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Posted by Daniel