- I've heard pastors mention that in the days of yore, many people routinely memorized the entire Old Testament. I can only cry "bovine pucky". In my Bible, the Old Testament contains more than 700 pages in a rather small font.
- There is a Chinese guy in my group at work whose lunch looks just like the stuff that you see served at any old Chinese restaurant in the U.S.. Who knew that the restaurant food was reasonably authentic ... or perhaps my colleague has had his palate corrupted by the west?
- In a comment thread on CNN the other day, someone was trying to sound erudite by using foreign phraseology and used the word "bookoo" to mean "a lot". This made me laugh.
- Talent is God-given, be humble;
Fame is man-given, be thankful;
Conceit is self-given, be careful. (John Wooden)
- You know the targeted ads they put all over your social media pages? Why oh why have my pages been tiled with ads for bridesmaid dresses?
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Posted by Daniel