Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Observations 39

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • Why do the baggers at the grocery store think that the plastic bags are limited to holding only one item each?
  • I have a friend who I believe got himself one of those mail-order brides. He is playing the whole thing a bit coyly. However, what makes me giggle is the image of the UPS truck pulling up and unloading the box.
  • If someone showed up to your house demanding figgy pudding, exclaiming loudly that they won't go until they get some, how long could you hold out before you turned the hose on them?
  • In the "why does this kind of stuff always seem to happen to me" files, I was cleaning up my kitchen after dinner the other evening. A piece of cheese had stuck to the cutting board and I went scrape it off with my fingernail. The cheese went under the nail and poked through the delicate skin. Shortly after my finger swelled up to the size of a ripe mango.
  • Have you ever noticed that in many "iconic moment" photographs, there is always someone in the shot doing something embarrassing or sketchy?