Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Quick Hits 7

Sometimes I hear an utterance or catch a quick visual of something that sticks in my mind. As this sensory input rolls about in my head, several different outcomes are possible. It might be the case that after a moment of consideration, the input is deleted as uninteresting, trivial, or too much for me to deal with. However, another possible outcome is that the input keeps demanding my attention. It somehow wants me to wrestle with it and give it more than just a passing notice. In such cases, they can end up here, in my blog series called Quick Hits.

Reading the news regarding the current problems in Washington with regard to the government shutdown, many, if not most, folks seem to label the politicians as immature, game-playing, corrupt, incompetent fools. It seems to me that it is more likely that most of the men and women who represent us are working with all they have to make progress and bring things to a conclusion that they and those they represent can live with. While negotiations are often heated, the lion's share of these folks care very deeply about doing their best with integrity.


What do you think?