Thursday, October 24, 2013

Observations 35

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • I passed a car today from Dick Shirley Mitsubishi. I wonder if Mr. Shirley got teased much growing up.
  • A great statement from Mark Batterson from his book All In, "It is much easier to act like a Christian than to react like one."
  • A man called into a radio program the other morning to relate an anecdote involving his son. He began with, "My son is the most politically active five year old that you will ever meet." This struck me as quite an amusing description.
  • Too often someone will come into my office and see that I am on the phone, but will nevertheless try to carry on a conversation with me anyway. What gives?
  • Can anyone remain calm when they get a voicemail from their doctor's office asking them to call them back as soon as possible? This recently happened to me.