Monday, March 2, 2015

Observations 82

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • An NBA player with a 4-year college degree from Syracuse said the following during a recent interview, "I ain't really care what nobody say. It ain't affect me." The value of that fancy diploma just speaks for itself.
  • A growing number of men around my workplace have been spotted wearing berets. I am growing suspicious.
  • My pastor noted an essential truth to me, "You will never have intimacy with someone if they don't feel safe in your presence." For those who endlessly nag their spouses about a lack of intimacy in their relationship, could it be that they don't feel safe with you?
  • I find it amusing that when the snow is falling, folks are all spellbound at its beauty. However, the next morning when they have to shovel their driveways and excavate their vehicles, there will be some mild curses issued.
  • This whole "hydration" craze has gotten out of hand. Too many adults carrying around water bottles that they continually lap at like nursing bovines. The other day in church, a lady actually had brought in a gallon jug of water that she made a production of swilling from every minute during the service. Dang, enough already!