Monday, August 11, 2014

Observations 62

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • There is a guy at work who puts his reflector sun shade on the outside of his windshield. Perhaps he did not read the enclosed instructions?
  • Whenever I don't show up at church on Sunday my pastor always sends me an email to make sure that I am O.K.. It is nice to be missed and to have someone care when you are gone.
  • In the airport the other day I saw a family of five sit together for about an hour while they waited for their flight to board. In this time none of them said a word to any of the others. The entire time each of them, mom, dad, and three kids, had their full attention glued to their phones.
  • There are many words whose meaning I know intimately, yet I struggle mightily to define when someone asks me what they mean.
  • What is it about human nature that always makes men feel the need to jump up and touch signs that hang at arm's length above our heads?