Driving home from work the other day, while stopped at the traffic lights along my route, I noticed several scenes that spoke to me of opposite polarities combined in the same picture.
- I saw a pizza guy waiting at the stoplight in his car. He was putting on a wool cap to keep his head warm, yet his window was cranked down.
- A lady was walking along a roadside trail to get some exercise and to embrace nature, yet she had on dark glasses and was wearing headphones to keep the world out.
- A sign offering top dollar in cash for all houses was stuck into the median in the center of the roadway, yet it was written in magic marker on a recycled piece of cardboard.
- An old man walked on the edge of the road stooped and limping, yet he was pushing along a shiny trick-style bicycle.
- In front of me at the stoplight a car sported a "Save the Bay" bumper sticker, yet the passenger in the car opened the window and dumped out a coffee can filled with cigarette butts right into the roadway.