Back in December of 2011, I finally discovered iTunes on my Mac. This service has really helped me to reconnect with my love of music. One of the things that I really like about music is that so often a given song has a strong association with a time or with a moment in my life. So, I thought that I would share my latest five downloads and a bit about my history with each song.
- Baby One More Time - Britney Spears (1998) - Back in 1988 I was a full-on grown up, but this song and the PYT singing it caught my attention. It just sticks with me as a good vibe song that still makes me sing along, even after all these years.
- It's Gonna be Me - *NSYNC (2000) - Downloading this song was kind of sacrilegious for me as I was more loyal to the Backstreet Boys. However, I have always found this one to be toe-tapping with its infectious driving beat and strong declaratives.
- Oops I Did it Again - Britney Spears (2000) - This song was a carbon copy follow-up to "Baby One More Time" from two years earlier. Still it was fresh enough to catch my ears even though it contained enough cheese to fill a fondue pot.
- You Drive me Crazy - Britney Spears (1999) - I do not know much about Spears music for the past decade, but this one represents my favorite of hers. Kind of an anthem pop song that fills a room with feelings of longing and desire that most can fully appreciate.
- Mine All Mine - Van Halen (1988) - After 4 bubble-gum pop offerings, I needed to balance out my ch'i (i.e. mojo) big time. This was my favorite song from the OU812 "Van Hagar" album. An urgent longing to find something that uniquely defines self.