Most of the time you just don't know ...
- ... how your smile can affect those you interact with each day.
- ... how your pausing to listen to someone can impact their approach.
- ... how calling someone just to say hello can change someone's mind.
- ... how letting someone merge in traffic can ease their spirit.
- ... how sending that email can erase a burden.
The seed for this post was sowed late last summer during a short phone call with a friend and colleague of mine. I had kind of lost my passion at work and was in many ways just going through the motions. Somewhere in our conversation he sparked something within me that slowly began to take root. A year later and I have just successfully completed a major research project that would not have even gotten off the ground without that input. Doing this project has re-energized my heart and mind toward my work. So, when giving of yourself, you never know.