Monday, July 16, 2012

Observations 3

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Thus we see everything from a different perspective and with different purpose than normal folks.

Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • A van pulled up next to me at a stop light. I glanced over at the driver and said to myself, "That man looks like a caricature of a stoner." I kind of chastised myself for stereotyping the man, but as the light turned green and he pulled past me, his van sported a large bumper sticker that read "legalize pot".
  • My credit card company sent me multiple mailings indicating that for security reasons they would no longer be printing my credit card number on my statements. Yet, my credit card number still shows up in multiple places on my statement. In fact at the top of my statement there is a heading that reads, "Credit Card Number". That should throw off the ne'er do wells.
  • I passed a car in a parking lot the other day that was arrayed with several bumper stickers that led me to believe that their interest in exercise was waning. The first read 26.2. The one next to it 13.1. Then a bit over from that 2.62. Do you see where this is going?
  • The other day I nearly wrecked my car when I became completely distracted by a mosquito that had somehow gotten in.
  • I passed by a very expensive rented office trailer at work. The back end of the trailer was supported by a massive undercarriage with 3 stout tires on each side. The front end was balanced precariously on a spindly stack of broken bricks.