Monday, May 18, 2015

Observations 90

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • The grocery store that I shop at is changing locations in about 3 weeks. However, they made the decision to stop stocking the shelves at their current location. The place looks like some cold-war era Soviet market with aisle after aisle of nothing. When I got to the checkout with the last freakin' can of Who-hash, the perky checker asked, "Did you find everything alright?"
  • Why do I mow my lawn when it is just going to grow back?
  • How many times can you storm out of a meeting in a persnickety huff and have people take you seriously in the future? The answer is two. On the third instance, you are rightly branded as some kind of kook.
  • Have you ever met one of these co-workers who hijacks every meeting so that its focus is only on their area of interest no matter what the original purpose of the meeting was?
  • A good dinner at the end of the day can sometimes make all of the day's burdens melt away into the aether.