Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Observations 10

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Thus we see everything from a different perspective and with different purpose than normal folks.

Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • I was trying to come up with a name for a cross between a frog and a bunny. I suggested "funny", but rhetorically noted that it would never do. Too much bunny, not enough frog.
  • The award for the most overused and now completely trite saying goes to, "Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims."
  • I love it when somebody gets me. My daughter gave me a math problem to solve on my recent birthday card. 14 + 2i < 4 + 6u + 10. Solve for i. A nerd-based card message.
  • Sometimes tears can be absolutely wonderful in their spirit-cleansing properties.
  • I sat through a meeting the other day where more acronyms were used than actual words.