Thursday, November 29, 2012

Observations 11

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • The Los Angeles Lakers recently fired their head coach. The drama began when the team leaders released a press statement saying that his job was secure, that they agreed with his philosophy, and that everyone was behind him. He was fired the next day by a unanimous vote of the ownership and management team. Love me some job security!
  • Overly perky people should not be allowed near regular people first thing on a Monday morning. They tend to make most folks noticeably ill in their tummies.
  • I was watching a T.V. cooking show the other evening. The host had made a pizza that he formed by hand and cooked on the outdoor grill. When it came off the heat, it was kind of an odd shape. He said that his creation evoked for him the beauty of a rustic, farm-style pizza. He then looked into the camera and stated, "I have no idea what that even means." This made me chuckle.
  • I find myself all a-grumble when I visit web pages that suddenly load an ad that shifts the entire page just as I go to click on something. Invariably this causes me to click on something undesirable instead.
  • It is good for kids to see their parents hanging out with friends. I think it provides a healthy model for more mature relationships for them.