Thursday, November 8, 2012

iTunes Latest - 7

Back in December of 2011, I finally discovered iTunes on my Mac. This service has really helped me to reconnect with my love of music. One of the things that I really like about music is that so often a given song has a strong association with a time or with a moment in my life. So, I thought that I would share my latest five downloads and a bit about my history with each song.
  • Get the Party Started - Pink (2001) - This song caught my ear when I first heard it. It is the only song by Pink that I even know of, but it is catchy, energetic, and infectious.
  • Strangelove - Depeche Mode (1987) - This "techno-band" song was not produced from the same cookie-cutter mold that most pop songs seem to come from. I have always liked this quirky tune and it holds up strong for me today.
  • 10,000 Reasons - Matt Redman (2011) - I first heard this one at my church not too long ago. The lyrics are simple, beautiful, and reached deep within me.
  • Have a Nice Day - Bon Jovi (2005) - Since their hey-day in the 1990s, Bon Jovi has produced an album every 2 to 3 years and each has contained one decent song. This is the one decent song on the album of the same name. If you don't like what I'm doing, then screw you. Oh, and have a nice day.
  • Countdown to Zero - Asia (1985) - I purchased the album Astra back when I was in college and this is another keyboard heavy song from that work. Apart from the cheesy spoken part at the end, I enjoy the flavor and tone of this one.