Thursday, February 19, 2015

Observations 81

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • Why would anybody come to work in a professional environment with a severe case of bedhead?
  • A lady of some importance came into my laboratory at work where the regulations state that all visitors must wear a hard hat. She had immaculately styled hair of amazing girth. It was utterly hilarious to watch her perch the hard hat up on top of her coiffed mound.
  • The other day I was rushing in a downpour to get from my car to the building I was heading toward. As I reached the sidewalk, a lady dashed right in front of me with the same intent on her mind. However, for some reason, she stopped in the middle of the path blocking further movement and began apologizing for cutting me off.
  • There was some lady at church the other day who felt moved to shout out a boisterous "amen" after every word my pastor uttered. It reached comical proportions after he gave an allegory about cooking a frog and she belted out her full support. Apparently she was a major frog cooking afficiando.
  • Cooking shows on T.V. like to set up their "money shot" at the end when the host tastes whatever concoction they just whipped up. The trouble is it always results in a closeup of someone eating and talking at the same time. Yuk.