Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Observations 45

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • There is a church in my town with a wishing well in front of the building. Somehow to me that seems like it is sending the wrong message.
  • "Theology teaches us what ends are desirable and what means are lawful, while Politics teaches us what means are effective." C.S. Lewis, 1945.
  • I got into the elevator on the ground floor of a two-story building at work and a lady got on just after me. She then said to me, "Two please." Hmmm, where else could we go?
  • There is a growing trend in this country that I find quite alarming. It seems that more and more people do not understand the difference between a yeti and a sasquatch.
  • The other day I was greeted far too enthusiastically by a complete stranger.