- I am a bit of a stickler for the rules of grammar. However, I have rewritten a few rules because they make better sense to me. One is to use two periods in a sentence ending with an abbreviation like T.V. or p.m.. Each period has its own purpose. The first period is part of the abbreviation. The second is there to indicate the end of the sentence.
- Three of baseball's past MVP award winners have been suspended from baseball in the past few months for using banned substances (Rodriquez, Tejada, Braun). Makes you wonder what MVP really stands for any more, without even mentioning the known issues with other recent former MVPs like Bonds, Clemens, Caminiti, Giambi, Sosa, Canseco, ....
- It's funny to me how baseball managers get all up in arms when their star player is thrown at on purpose by an opposing pitcher, especially if they have a history of telling their own pitchers to do the same thing.
- There has been a big focus on whether Tim Tebow will make an NFL roster this season. When asked about this worry, his response was relevant for us all to make our own. He said, "I have learned to worry about what I can control. The things that I can't control, I'm not going to worry about. But I can control my attitude, my effort, my focus every single day, and those are things I'm going to worry about."
- I absolutely hate it when I can no longer deny that summer is coming to an end.
Monday, September 16, 2013
Posted by Daniel