Thursday, April 26, 2012

Grind My Gears 28

Slot B not fitting into tab A? Are you freakin' kidding me? Some cretin at the factory probably just wazzed things up when he was collecting his high union wages at taxpayer's expense whilst working only 3 hours a day twice a week. There is no way things could be screwed up because I put them together incorrectly ... And NO, I do not need to read the instructions! That notion, my friend, is totally unacceptable. It is fully against that warm and squishy American can-do spirit. In fact, people who read the enclosed instructions before putting something together really grind my gears. I mean it is really value added when you have lots of extra parts left over after assembling that shelving system for your rare vase collection. Plus the screaming and ranting scene that typically ensues provides me with a vigorous work-out that both tones and shapes. In fact, the way the thing tilts ever so gently to the side just makes the piece look "rustic" and home-crafted (like it was made by artisans). I mean those Dilberts that actually take the time to read the instructions may have shelves that don't collapse the moment that someone walks by, but they also don't have a soul either!