Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Observations 108

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • You would think that the definition of a "catch" in football would be a pretty easy thing to determine. However, after watching clips of obvious "catches" that were ruled "not catches", it has become apparent that I know absolutely nothing.
  • The first thing to learn about eating and enjoying wasabi-covered peanuts is not to rub one's eyes after handling said legumes. Trust me on this.
  • Would I label myself in your eyes as a weenie if I told you that I couldn't make it past 8:30 p.m. the other night?
  • People are so vain. A woman in the doctor's office stripped down to her undies before getting on the scale so that her recorded weight would be as small as possible.
  • If you are looking for a good excuse to grumble loudly to yourself, try dropping a new roll of paper towels into a sink full of water ... I'll wait while you try it.