Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Observations 107

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • This morning I decided to choose Life ... and then I poured a glass of OJ to go with it.
  • I just saw a T.V. ad for the dumbest kid's toy ever. A line of dolls that are each half monster half horse. What really put this crapola over the top was the jazzy theme song that accompanied the commercial. I guess that I should be careful throwing stones. When I was a kid we spent hours playing "pong".
  • Sometimes being at home alone in a rain storm can make one feel lonely, depressed, and isolated from the world.
  • I hate it when a company suddenly makes drastic changes to a product that I enjoy. Usually these "improvements" result in a considerably inferior product to what I had gotten used to.
  • Nerds tend to tell jokes that are only understood by other nerds who work in the same negligibly small niche area that they work in. Therefore such jokes told in front of a full meeting room will typically only elicit a chuckle from at most one other person.