Thursday, May 19, 2011

Leprechaun's Gold

Sometimes we stumble upon the leprechaun's pot of gold and we continue on our way, missing out on the treasure that is right before us. All the while we mutter and complain how good things never come our way. Ahhh to find the good stuff, recognize it in the moment, and then take the time to fully savor it.

Here is my list of leprechaun's gold. I hope this spurs you to stop, be still for a moment, and hopefully start to learn to recognize what is right in front of you.
  • Talking with my daughter as she swings in her hammock.
  • A long lunch with a good friend.
  • A lively and Spirit-filled Bible study group meeting.
  • Making myself a nice dinner because I am worth it.
  • Doing something for my daughter and having it recognized.
  • Catching all the lights on the way home from work.
  • Falling into a good book and losing myself for a few hours.
  • Sharing a side-splitting, tears-in-your-eyes laugh with an old friend.
  • Connecting personally with the message at church.
  • Turning on the T.V. to unexpectedly find a favorite movie just as it begins.