Thursday, May 12, 2011

House Matters

As a home owner, it seems like there is always something that needs to be done to ensure that my house does not collapse inward on itself. My "to-do" list is long and only getting longer. Battling this monster day after day and year after year, I have made a number of observations. Perhaps you can relate to some of these.
  • I am pretty sure that my vacuum cleaner will never die from overuse.
  • I can make a single bottle of bathroom cleaner easily last for 5 years.
  • That cobweb floating from the molding by the front door will likely remain there until I move.
  • I am quite proficient at dusting using the palm of my hand, and no, there is no need to move the knick-knacks out of the way.
  • I have linoleum and tile floors in several rooms, but I don't own a mop. I can live with this situation.
  • I could not imagine changing my bed sheets every week.
  • Is once every other month (or so) a reasonable time period between vacuuming?
  • You can learn to live quite easily with a bit of mildew in the shower.
  • I have a carpet shampooer machine. It seems to prefer to remain in the closet.
  • Home repair is for the weak minded. Neglect is strength.
So, fellow home owners, is there anything that you could add to this list?