Thursday, December 30, 2010

Best Books of 2010

As 2010 comes to a close, I have been looking back on my accomplishments for the year. In this vein I consider the number of books that I have read as an accomplishment. O.K., so it's not like I climbed a tall mountain or won some championship trophy, but nonetheless, I count it as something noteworthy. Also, I think that reading books is a good way to keep the mind limber and fresh, and to learn something about yourself or the world. This year I read 40 books, 10 of which were in the fiction category. I thought that I would share my top ten list of books for 2010 below (a list that actually contains 14 books) in no particular order.
  • He Still Moves Stones, Max Lucado (a gift from my mom)
  • In the Eye of the Storm, Max Lucado (a gift from my mom)
  • He Chose the Nails, Max Lucado
  • The Hunger Games Trilogy, Suzanne Collins (3 books) (recommended by Melissa Wade)
  • The Oath, Frank Peretti (recommended by Brian Miller)
  • The Visitation, Frank Peretti
  • The Millenium Trilogy, Stieg Larsson (3 books)
  • Primal, Mark Batterson (a gift from Rob Shepherd)
  • Going All the Way, Craig Groeschel (recommended by Rob Shepherd)
  • Monster, Frank Peretti
I am already starting to plan out my reading list for the first part of 2011. So, if you have any suggestions, pass them along. I keep my list of reads up to date on my Shelfari page.