Monday, July 5, 2010

Lazy Day

Today is a day off from work for me. Some people call this a long weekend. I find myself taking it easy, just relaxing and enjoying a lazy day. Recently I stumbled upon a fitting tribute in song that reflects my mood and spirit. An old gem called Lazy Day by the venerable group, The Moody Blues. (Click on the link to take a listen.)

Lazy day, Sunday afternoon
Like to get your feet up, watch TV
Sunday roast is something good to eat
Must be lamb today 'cause beef was last week

So full up, bursting at the seams
Soon you'll start to nod off happy dreams
Wake up for tea and buttered scones
Such a lot of work for you Sunday moms

Today's heaven sent and you're feeling content
You worked all week long
Still it's quite sad tomorrow's so bad
I don't feel too strong

Lazy day, Sunday afternoon
Like to get your feet up, watch TV
Sunday roast is something good to eat
Now it's almost over till next week