Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Competitive Eating?


Honey, where is my soap box? ... Where? ... Why do you need to know? ... We're talking about the greater good here! ... O.K., I am not sure how rational I will come across today, for my head is still a-reelin' from what I just read. I mean my entire chin is covered with spittle ... Oh, ha ha ha. No that's not my usual condition. ... Let me tell you what has me in such a tizzy.

I am eating my bowl of Lucky Charms perusing the day's goings on at CNN. I stumble across a story about hot-dog-eating "champion" Kobayashi, you know, the guy who is semi-well known for choking down a tray of hot dogs several times per year. In the article, I read that our boy Kobayashi did not take place in this year's Coney Island Stuff-Your-Face-Unnecessarily Challenge because of a contract dispute with Major League Eating. Yep, you read that right, Major League Eating, or more formally, Major League Eating and International Federation of Competitive Eating. Channeling Lewis Black, "Are you freaking kidding me?" A "sport" where people train to out-eat other gluttonous "athletes"? This surely is a sign that the end is near.