Thursday, November 12, 2015

Observations 114

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • After a band goes on a farewell tour, I don't think they should be allowed to release another new album just a short while later and then go out on another tour to support that release. I think this is a bigger political issue than whether betting on fantasy sports leagues constitutes gambling or not.
  • Here is the epitome of a 21st century news headline, "Couple seeks right to marry. The hitch? They're legally father and son." (This was featured on CNN the other day.)
  • If I state my opinion and am lambasted as a fool, how come if a person with a British accent says the exact same thing after me, they are lauded?
  • I love it when unseasonably warm weather returns in the fall after the cooler temperatures have seemingly moved in to stay.
  • Want to hear a great nickname? English soccer player Fitz Hall is called "One Size".