Thursday, July 11, 2013

Observations 27

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • A news report on CNN brought out the fact that Cap'n Crunch of cereal fame is not who he claims to be. A US Navy spokesperson stated that the Cap'n, in fact, has no record of service with the military branch. Worse yet, he is actually wearing the uniform of a commander, one full rank below captain (as seen by the three stripes on his jacket sleeve).
  • A commercial came on T.V. the other night for some kind of beverage. The tag line was "Flavor so intense, even bacon can't make it better." I chuckled at that.
  • Driving to work the other day I passed a lady driving a vehicle who was working a crossword puzzle. Pen in one hand, the steering wheel and crossword book in the other. She seemed to be spending more time looking down at her puzzle than looking up to see the road. I thought that texting and driving was illegal.
  • I was sitting in a meeting the other day and all of the participants had Mac laptops. Well, all except for the one guy named Mac, who was using a Windows machine.
  • I passed a woman at work the other day whose legs looked like toothpicks. They were also very long. I grew worried because she was wearing high heels of such comic proportions that I feared for her if a small gust of window stirred up or if she exhaled in the wrong direction. Terrifying, quite terrifying.