- Somebody's Baby - Pat Benatar (1993) - A song from Gravity's Rainbow about a life discarded and the questions that don't seem to have an answer. This one will bring a tear to your eye. I love this song.
- Everybody Lay Down - Pat Benatar (1993) - A standard Benatar rocker. It's about no pain, no gain. No guts, no glory.
- In These Times - Pat Benatar (1997) - Sometimes the world seems to be in such bad shape, that humanity has made such a mess of everything, it is hard to find a reason to want to look to the future.
- Papa's Roses - Pat Benatar (1997) - A song about regret, about a failed relationship, about hurt that can't be erased. If you ever doubted that Benatar could sing, this one will convince you of how lovely and resonant her voice can be.
- Suite Madame Blue - Styx (1975) - I stumbled across this a couple of times in my journey. A protest song heightened and set apart by its cut from the cloth of "rock symphony" ala Queen. Styx has a place in my heart as they were always on heavy rotation (especially Come Sail Away) back in my middle school dances.
Thursday, July 18, 2013
iTunes Latest - 13
Posted by Daniel