Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Observations 113

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • From my experience, squirting nasal saline mist up one's nose must be a lot like waterboarding.
  • There has been a lot of furor in social media over Adele's use of a "flip phone" in her recent music video for the song "Hello". I guess because the flip phone is an antique, like the phones that our forefathers once used in the days of yore ... or like I still use today. Hello?
  • I always chuckle when professional athletes get a huge tattoo of their team's name or their jersey number only to be traded away to another team and have to wear another number.
  • Also, another thing about tattoos, did you ever notice that after even a short while, they no longer look like anything distinct. They just look like a blotchy ink stain? Go figure.
  • I know that I am going to sound like an oldster with this observation, but how do people stand driving those cars with the loud "vroom vroom" mufflers? The sound hurts my ears three car lengths away. How does the car's driver enjoy listening to his classical music station in the midst of that racket?