Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Observations 79

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • Odd by true, there is a patron saint (Saint George) for sailors who have syphilis.
  • I have always wanted to like cottage cheese. However, it's texture makes me feel like a zombie eating human brains.
  • Ad campaigns by marketing firms often take amazing liberties with language in their print and media blitzes. An especially grevious one is for Robitussin, whose tag line is "Don't suffer the coughiquences".
  • As I was checking in for my doctor's appointment the other day, I noticed one of the nurses had set up a special shrine to Elvis at her station. Nothing strange about that.
  • "There is no shortcut to spiritual growth." Charles Swindoll