Thursday, July 10, 2014

Observations 59

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • The other day I passed a colleague by in the hallway at work and related to them an amusing anecdote. The moment that I finished, raucous laughter burst forth from a nearby office. It was immediately clear this was in response to my story. Shouldn't eavesdroppers be more careful not to reveal the fact that they are listening in?
  • If I see one more commercial where they use the words "ginormous" or "epic" or "legendary" in their attempt to be "hip" and "with it", I might just have to start wearing bell-bottom pants in protest.
  • In a lane full of cars stopped at a red light, those closest to the front always seem to be the last to actually recognize that the light has changed to green.
  • The other day I was in stop and go traffic behind a pickup truck. In the bed sat a man who would not stop making eye contact with me. It was very awkward as I am kind of forced to look straight ahead when driving.
  • I wonder how many times in a given day you have to pass by someone in the hallway at work before you can stop saying hello.