Tuesday, September 24, 2013

1400

A friend once told me that when it comes to an anniversary or a birthday, you had better darn sure pay attention to one that ends in a zero or you will likely end up in the proverbial doghouse. I can only think that any reasonable person would agree that regardless of the context of my friend's statement, this had better darn sure apply to blogs. Today marks the 1400th post on this site. To put that in perspective, if I posted everyday for 1400 straight days, then I would have compiled a library of 1400 posts. Now that is a pretty sobering bit of perspective. Anyway, I am thankful that I have this outlet for my thoughts, my creativity, and my humor (such as they are). I have had a lot of fun and continue to have a lot of fun with this site. I also want to thank those of you who stop by regularly and say hello. Your presence here helps me to find my smile. I look forward to another forced celebration when I get to post number 1500.