Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Observations 18

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • They have recently changed the toilet paper brand in the bathrooms at my work place. The new stuff is as thin as homeopathic soup, but has the delightful texture of low grit sandpaper.
  • My daughter and I bought some cheesy bread at a local pizzeria and brought it home for our supper. The next day my car still carried that wonderful aroma. Ahhh, they should market an air freshener with this scent.
  • A standard car turn indicator flashes on and off about once per second. My first impression of any vehicle whose flash rate is significantly faster than this is that it is a cheap piece of junk.
  • There is a school bus depot near where I work. The majority of the busses seen entering or leaving the facility are exact copies of each other. However, you can still see a few examples of busses of a different style or length amongst the others. I wonder if the drivers of those busses ever feel self conscious.
  • A student that I have known for a while had been into "ear stretching". This involves the insertion of bigger and bigger hoops into pierced holes in the ear. This stretches the ear lobe to make you resemble some sort of Zulu tribesman. He disappeared for several years and when I saw him the other day, he had abandoned the ear stretching thing. However, now his ear lobes look like they have been munched on by zombies.