Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day 2010

Today I celebrate my daughter Maddie. It is her 12th birthday. Time sure has gone by so fast since you came into my world. I could not imagine my life without you and the special blessing that you are to me. I thought I would share some aspects of my definitions of love for you.

Love is:
  • Driving to the drug store at 4:00 a.m. to pick up your prescription.
  • Taking you to Subway for lunch.
  • Helping you to prepare for a big test at school.
  • Long hugs after we have been apart for a while.
  • Praying with you at bedtime.
  • Making your bed after you are gone.
  • Smiling when I hear your laughter.
  • Believing in you even when you have given up on yourself.
  • Letting you pick out the potato chips.
  • Celebrating the different seasons of your life.
Happy Birthday angel face!