Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bumper Stickers

I rarely see bumper stickers on expensive cars. This is probably because this form of protest is the prattle of the middle and lower classes who feel that their edgy bumper sticker is their only means of true self-expression, the only way that they can "stick" it to the man. It could also be that people are really only using bumper stickers to cover up areas of their car where the paint is peeling or there is a scrape or ding, a problem less prevelant on newer models. I took a walking tour of my parking lot at work and jotted down the bumper stickers that I came across. Enjoy.
  • "Gated community" - an oxymoron?
  • Support our troops
  • Jon Stewart for president '08
  • Bush and Cheney, kiss my Ashcroft
  • There is no Planet B
  • Got sushi?
  • W'04
  • Had enough? Vote democrat
  • Proud parent of an honor roll student
  • The trouble with pickles